extra! extra! hear all about it!
the church’s power: the church and clergy controlled most activity in village life
a letter from your aunt to your cousin.
Francis Bacon, 1561 - 1626
- philosopher, statesman, scientist, jurist and author
- served as Attorney General and Lord Chancellor of England
- despite political career ending in disgrace, still widely influential
- creator of the Baconian, or inductive, Method, generally known as the scientific method
- created Baron Verulam (1618) and Viscount St Alban (1621)
- died while studying freezing for preservation of meat
Bacon: Effects of his scientific method.
neighbours (and the people about the town)